65 Music Square East Nashville, Tennessee 37203
Shakti Power Yoga
65 Music Square East Nashville, Tennessee 37203
We practice in a heated space to promote increased flexibility and generate sweat– the body’s natural way of purging toxins and releasing what holds us back, both physically and spiritually. Students of Power Yoga often become dedicated followers. The practice is intense and challenging, and leaves yogis feeling energized, uplifted, and centered.
Strengthens and tones your body Full-body, challenging cardiovascular workout Engages core muscles, improves balance Sharpens concentration and focus Burns Calories while building lean muscle Improves flexibility Promotes stamina and endurance Improves posture Reduces stress and tension Eliminates toxins Creates a better relationship with the body; deepens mind-body harmony
Power Yoga is a vigorous style of Yoga that links the breath and movement in the body. Allowing the breath to fuel our practice enables us to targets muscle groups, quiet the mind, and energize the Shakti within. We incorporate both traditional and modified versions of ancient postures, and also include elements of meditation into our practice.
At Shakti, we incorporate both traditional and modified versions of ancient postures, and also include elements of meditation into our practice. Come enjoy 30 days for $30 with us! Offer good for new students only. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Welcome toShakti Power Yoga, our intimate and welcoming yoga community in the heart of Nashville. Shakti Power Yoga is more than just a place to take a class. Our mission is to empower students on and off the mat. We are honored to offer a space for you to tap into Shakti – The pure and universal energy within. Our practice is rooted in gratitude, and focused on building strength, balance, and flexibility through a challenging and energizing Power Yoga practice. We started this journey with the intention of giving back to the community that has empowered us, and it’s everything we’ve envisioned! By inspiring growth in the mind, body, and spirit, we believe we can create powerful good in the world. We hope you’ll join us.
Everyone is welcome! Whether it’s your first yoga experience, or a new chapter in your practice, we invite students of all levels, ages, and body types to share our space. When yoga is practiced with intention, it can transform your life. We offer this space in the spirit of sharing that experience.
Shakti Power Yoga is more than our livelihood: it’s our mission. It is our expression of love and gratitude for life’s energy, and the spiritual connections we all share. We believe:
- By sharing this space, we spread love, gratitude, and peace through the powerful physical and spiritual effects of yoga.
- The focused awareness and physical movement of Power Yoga ignites our Shakti energy, forging a deeper connection with our true selves, God, and the people around us.
- The energy we create when we practice together is a powerful and transformative force.
- Yoga can change your life. It did, and continues to do so, for us.
Shakti Workshops are happening!
Yoga 101 w. LizDecember 6th 6-8pm
Can’t figure out those crazy chaturangas? Not sure why everyone is breathing strangely in class? Join Liz for this 2-hour foundations of flow workshop,Friday, December 6th from 6-8 ($25). This will be a perfect introduction for new students or anyone wanting to learn more about the power vinyasa practice. Come with questions and be ready to breathe, flow and sweat. This workshop will look at the elements that make up a typical power yoga class and students will come away with a better understanding of breath & flow, alignment and how to create new possibilities in their own practice.
Yoga Basics w. NicoleEvery Monday 7:15pm
A new class has been added to the Shakti schedule! Join Nicole every Monday night at 7:15pm to go over the basics of yoga. Get back into your flow and connect back with the foundations of your asanas and vinyasas. Its good to come back to the basics and now you can do so every week, so come join Nicole and the community on Mondays from here on out!
Living The DreamJanuary 18th, 2014 LIVING the DREAM is an all-day yoga flow & workshop led by master yoga instructor, SID of SID YOGA with proceeds benefitting WYTHIN. Join us for a day of self-discovery, community and FUN! Whether you are brand new to yoga or a seasoned yogi, this day with Sid will leave you lighter, more focused and empowered to make your dreams a REALITY!
Get Your Tickets Here
Yoga & Love in Costa Rica!
A Tropical Yoga Retreat July 2014
We invite you to join us for a time dedicated to you. Come treat yourself and recharge with the Shakti community as we journey to Costa Rica in July 2014 for an all-encompassing yoga retreat. This will be a time to enjoy the beautiful nature of Costa Rica while also enjoying the company of our community, yoga practices, meditation practices, hiking, an opportunity to surf the waves, and the joy of service. This is an occasion to celebrate YOU.
- 7 Nights Accommodations
- 3 Whole Foods Meals a Day
- All Transportation within Costa Rica
- Yoga and Meditation Practice Each-Day
- Personal Retreat Time
- Local Indigenous cultural Ceremony
- Daily Hikes and Surfing
- Spa Services
- Excursions and Adventures
- Plus so much more!
The retreat will take place July 19th, 2014 at the Tropico Latino. This resort is an intimate beachfront boutique hotel located in Santa Teresa, a breathtaking white sand beach on the Pacific Ocean of Costa Rica's Nicoya Peninsula.
Click Here For More Info And Registration
Just like any home, we have house rules and etiquette to ensure everyone gets the most out of their experience. We hope this can be a place where you feel loved, safe, and capable of growing, with the help of people around you.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Please arrive 10 minutes before class.
- All students must sign in at the front desk before setting up your mat in the studio.
- Please remove shoes before entering the yoga room.
- Please turn off all cell phones when you enter – absolutely no cell phone use in the studio.
- Keep all personal items outside the yoga room. All valuables should be left at home, or locked in your car. Shakti Power Yoga is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please stay through Savasana at the end of class. It is one of the most important elements of your practice.
- Please do not wear scented perfume, oils, or lotion in the yoga studio.
- Please leave your space the way you found it; wipe up your sweat – it gets slippery!
- No gum or glass in the studio. All containers must be sealed or have a lid.
- Please practice Sauca (proper hygiene): a clean yogi is a happy yogi.
- Be mindful of where you park – please respect our neighbors.
- Try your best to focus on your own body and your own practice. Comparison is the thief of joy; don’t measure yourself by another person’s abilities.
- Our doors are open 30 minutes before and after class (15 minutes before the 6am.)
- Showers and locker rooms are open to all students before and after class.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before class to complete new student paperwork and to receive a proper welcoming to our community.
- Athletic clothing is recommended – you will sweat!
- Bring water, a yoga mat, and a large towel. These items are available for rent if you forget.
- Enter with an open mind and a peaceful heart.
- Flexibility is not required.
Please, make yourself at home!
Like Us On Facebook
Follow On Twitter