301 Wolverine Trail, Suite 103, Smyrna TN
Natural Health Massage & Spa
301 Wolverine Trail Suite 103, Smyrna, Tennessee 37167
Massage not only treats the problem area but positively affects your metabolism, circulatory, muscular, and nervous systems.
We offer Heated Tables, Handicap Accessible rooms, table pads and extenders for the comfort of every client. Our massages are unique to every clients needs!
Click Here For Our Winter Specials*
Massage For The Holidays
The holidays are here and this time of year is all about giving, making other people’s holiday wishes come true, and selflessness. But what about you? What have you done for yourself lately? Certainly it wouldn’t hurt to treat yourself while you are out taking care of everyone else. These are the top 4 reasons to get yourself a massage this holiday season.
- Stress: This is the most stressful time of year for the average person. Your shopping list is two miles long, your in-laws are in town, and you’re out of time! Take 60 min. and let someone else release your stress-fighting hormones while you forget about your to-do list.
- It’s cold: When the temperature drops, muscles get tight. It happens every year. The warm loose muscles of the summer months are long gone and achy backs/hips/knees have arrived. Let a massage therapist warm up those muscles and joints to help relieve your pain.
- You’re doing too much: You haven’t stopped moving, you’re carrying heavy bags, putting up lights, carrying boxes out of the attic space, cleaning your house, etc. Your body isn’t used to standing while baking cookies for 10 hours, or spending a day on a ladder putting up your lights. You’re bound to get some kinks along the way. Massage therapy can help you recover faster.
- It’s not a luxury anymore: If I have said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times- Massage is no longer considered a luxury, but rather an effective treatment for many medical conditions. Help prevent further injury and dysfunction by having a professional clinical massage therapist work on you today.
Hopefully this helps you realize that you need to take care of yourself too this holiday season. Besides, if you don’t stay healthy, who is going to make sure your family has the perfect holiday season?!
Smyrna Massage Therapy for Neck Pain
The age of the cell phones and computers is here and weighing heavily on our posture. I am sure you have seen the info-graphics of what being on the phone and computer so regularly is doing to our necks and backs. It may not seem like a big deal, but our posture is an extremely big part of our overall health and the way we feel on a daily basis. Incorrect posture is caused by incorrect muscle memory that keeps our bone structure out of line. This misalignment of bones and joints can cause the organs of the body to become smashed and thus compromised in their function. In addition, headaches, pains etc can begin to occur, affecting the mental state and ability to perform day to day tasks.
Top Ways to Promote Proper Posture and Reverse the Affects of Cell Phones and Computers on Your Body
1) Massage Therapy in Smyrna, TN
Massage therapy is great for aiding the muscles in getting back to the proper muscle memory. This means that the default setting for the muscles will ideally be in the proper posture. This can take time, so consistency is the key. Instead of getting 1-6 massages for something that hurts, then not coming back until something else hurts. It is better to get one massage every 2-6 weeks over the course of a year depending on how often your budget can do. Get your body back to healthy today by going to Natural Health Massage Therapy and Spa today!
2) Chiropractors in Nashville and Smyrna
Chiropractors can be extremely helpful in recovering from affects of cell phone and computer posture damage. Paired with massage therapy and stretching at home, the affects can be even more beneficial. After returning the muscle memory with massage, you then need to see a chiropractor to return the bones to their correct state.
3) Proper Pillow Choice
Think about how much time you spend with your head on your pillow. It is many hours of your life! Because of this and the affect that the wrong pillow can have on your neck, it is important to find the pillow that is perfect for your specific needs. One aspect to consider is if you are a back, side or stomach sleeper. These positions are very different and require a different pillow for full and proper support of the neck.
Proper stretching does not take a lot of time and can be done anywhere. The best stretch we have found is a simple head turn. This helps keep the range of motion for the neck as well as postural correct muscle memory. Simply use your hand on the opposite side of your chin to guide your head towards the direction of that arm keeping your chin parallel with your shoulder for three times in a row. Then take the other hand and do other side. Another great neck stretch is basically making a double chin and pushing your head back to lengthen the back of the neck and keep the neck in the proper position.
Buy 5 Get 1 Free Massages (good for 2 years)
- $125 for 6 30 Minute Relaxation Massage Sessions
- $225 for 6 One Hour Relaxation Massage Sessions
- $300 for 6 75 Minute Relaxation Massage Sessions
- $375 for 6 90 Minute Relaxation Massage Sessions
- Book Your Appointment Now
- Purchase Gift Certificates Here
- Veiw Our Video Here
Started in October of 2006 on South Lowry Street across from Team Chevrolet, Natural Health Massage & Spa has come a long way. Started in a very small room to a larger room to a bigger establishment located at 507 Enon Springs Rd, East. With 3 massage rooms, a shower room, and a bigger lobby. Now we are located at 301 Wolverine Trail Suite 103 with 6 massage rooms, shower, spa room, and now have a salon with 1 hair stations and nail station. We now have a waiting room and reception area.
Appointment Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm
(Walk-Ins offered based upon availablity of appointments, Sundays are booked by Sat 5pm not walk-in)
Receptionist Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-6pm
**We are Handicap Accessible**
We give a Student and Other Discounts = $39 for 1 Hr massage and 10% off all other services
**Police, Military, Firefighters Discounts**
Connect with Us On Social Media
Like us on Facebook for a chance to win a 30 minute massage
Follow us on Twitter also for a chance to win a Free 60 Minute Massage!
Pictured From Left to Right
Top Row: 2nd Couple's Room, Rachel's Room, Relax Room
Middle Row: Sharon's Room, Valentine's Day Couple's Room, First Couple's Room
Bottom Row: Nail Salon, Hair Salon, Kasie's Room
Sharon Holt, Rachel (Garner) Holt, Shelly O'Byrne, Kasie Dunning, Devin Guidry, K.C. Shellhammer (male therapist), Sherrie Adams (1-2 days a month), Michelle Williams (Ionic Foot Bath), our Esthetician Alisa Taylor, and our new Hairstylist Jessica Knowles (new to us but 8 yrs of hair experience)
- Sharon Holt -- LMT: Sharon has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since February 2003. She started at Gold's Gym in Murfreesboro, TN. From there she went to a hair salon called Shear Image for 1 year. Sharon then found a massage/spa atmosphere at Knead for Wholeness and stayed there for 2 1/2 years until she decided to start out on her own. In October 2006, she started with Natural Health as the head therapist and business manager then soon took over as owner. Sharon is trained in PreNatal, Muscle Release, Hot Stones, Myofascial Release, Stretching, Craniosacral, and she is a Reiki Master. Sharon has studied Fibromyalgia, DVT, STDs, Diabetes and many other conditions so that her knowledge is expanded to massage anyone who walks through the doors. In 2012 She broke her wrist and have only recently started doing light-medium pressure massages again. Sharon has many amazing therapists below who can do a great job, it just takes finding the right fit for you.
- Rachel Garner -- LMT: I am a graduate of High Tech Institute in Nashville, TN. I received my license in February 2009. Throughout school I volunteered for many events including the Country Music Marathon, Titan’s games, Grand Opening for NHMT, Halloween in the park, Stewartsboro Elementary fall festival, as well as going to people’s homes for massage. I enjoy giving Pre-Natal, Hot Stone, Reiki (I am a Reiki Master), Lomi Lomi, and Cupping massage. If you have never tried cupping therapy, it is technique that has been used for about 5000 years. I use glass cups to pull toxins through the skin and release knots and tension in muscles. (Not to mention it feels great) Cupping is not a common therapy, and if you are interested in trying something new, give me a call.
- Shelly O'Byrne -- LMT: Licensed for 4 years, I love being able to help others reach a level of pain management that they might otherwise not reach. Massage is my passion and caring for others is my goal so I don't like to focus on the spa therapies as much as the healing therapies.
- Devin Guidry -- LMT: Excited to work at Natural Health and I want to help others relax and get well.
- K.C. Schellhammer -- LMT: Excited to work at Natural Health and I want to help others relax and get well.