713 Overton Park
Health and Fitness
713 Overton Park
713 Overton Park
Home and Garden
713 Overton Park
We do not add any materials into the environment that do not naturally occur. Sustainability is a buzzword to many, but we at Citrusolution believe that our product is the most sustainable, least polluting cleaning method available. Citrusolution is devoid of noxious chemicals. We are the Eco-friendly choice to clean your fine oriental and area rugs, upholstered furniture, and carpeting. CitruSolution is a Clean Air Partner with the Williamson County Clean Air Partnership and proud to have been an exhibitor at Keep Williamson Beautiful’s Green Expo.
We clean with a twist of lemon, orange, and grapefruit. Our cleaner is powered by d-Limonene, an organic cleanser extracted from citrus peels. d-Limonene is a cleanser from nature! Citrus rinds and pulp are sent to an evaporator and the d-Limonene is steamed out. This natural cleanser is known for its natural orange scent and grease dissolving properties.
Our Cleaning Process is the best commercial and residential carpet cleaning solution on the market today. We focus on delivering what we promise because we want to develop repeat and loyal customers. Our goal is to become your carpet cleaner of choice, based on a quality product and outstanding customer service. You don’t see fancy advertising because our customers are our best source of new business. Over 80% of our business are repeat customers and customer referrals.
Child and pet friendly, minimizes allergens in carpet, stains gone for good, dries in 1-2 hours, cleaning powered by mother nature, no chemical residue
Happy Spring Cleaning!
What do hair, paper clips, dental floss, and bobby pins have in common?
They are all items we commonly find embedded in the carpet we clean. Do you want to walk in your bare feet on that?
We recommend having CitruSolution clean all carpet before moving into your home. We find "debris" even in homes just cleaned by traditional steam extraction cleaning. CitruSolution's unique chemistry and brush & bonnet cleaning process removes this trash, freshens , and removes most odors from carpet.
Here's what one of our clients, James says:
“The previous owner of our home said he had an “outdoor dog.” We required him to ‘clean the carpets’ before we moved in. The first night, our family all had runny noses and were sneezing. I called Ed CitruSolution . When they finished, we could breathe easily, and our family slept well that night.”
Hair has two sources -- pets, even dogs and cats that do not shed, and people, especially in homes with girls and young women with longer hair (sorry ladies). Hair of all kinds can be difficult to remove from fiber-based materials (carpet, rugs, and upholstery) because of the oil. CitruSolution contains d-limonene, the refined juice from citrus peels, which neutralizes this oil.
For people with dogs, we recommend adding Benefect, a botanical disinfectant and anti-microbial, which helps to break down the oil and neutralize odors. This product is water-based and non-toxic, containing a blend of oil of thyme and other natural ingredients. If you have stronger odors, we can add Odorcide 210, a water-based non-toxic deodorizer.
You may notice that all our products are Children and Pet friendly. In fact, all the products we use are non-toxic.
Here's what Mom Blogger - Mandy said about CitruSolution:
"I honestly had not heard of CitruSolution , but let me tell you - I was SO PLEASED and impressed! Ed Van Voorhees, the local owner of CitruSolution, couldn't have been nicer or more professional. He bought his small team, who have been with him for years, and they got it done in no time. And it was dry so quickly! CitruSolution uses an environmentally-friendly, citrus-based cleanser. I liked this part due to the fact I have kids and pets! Its super safe! And I promise I was so pleased it worked!! And it smelled awesome!! The solution contains citrus acid (like lemon juice) and d-Limonene (extracted oil from citrus rinds). The d-Limonene agent has been proven to fight against dust mites and other household allergens. In addition, this agent is also used in other forms to help support immunity and detoxification. I couldn't believe how great my carpet looked when they were done. They looked brand new! And the best part? The leave an entire bottle of the cleaning solution so you can clean spots yourself using the same solution they used. "
Thank you Mandy, remember to call us 615.333.8977 to schedule your cleaning.
Why is CitruSolution a better way to clean your carpets in Nashville?
CitruSolution approaches cleaning with a whole different cleaning technology. Steam and other methods use shampoos and detergent. As the residue (often phosphates) ages it "browns", causing discoloration, seen as dulling of colors. The residue also attracts dirt. When CitruSolution sprays your rug or carpet these spots disappear. Why? Because our exclusive citrus formula and cleaning systems neutralizes the residue.
By getting the carpet (or rug or sofa) back to chemically "neutral", it will stay cleaner longer, and get better with subsequent cleanings. This is the true advantage of CitruSolution. Our competitors, or about 98% of them, use soap, no matter what they call it. Home and rental cleaning machines are even less efficient at removing soap residue. This client (Before photo above) used to use a home machine to "save money." Note the dirt trails. (The rest of their was home spotless.)
Above is the after picture of the same room. All dirt trails are gone because the CitruSolution neutralized the shampoo residue that dulled the color and caused more dirt to adhere to the carpet. In this extreme example, we had to clean the traffic areas twice in order to neutralize the residual soap. But we did not charge extra.
How does CitruSolution prevent yellowing?
CitruSolution uses natural chemistry to clean. We know if you peel a banana exposing it to air, it turns brown. If you do not want the banana to turn brown, you put lemon juice on it. CitruSolution contains citric acid as does lemon juice. Likewise, fabric softeners do not whiten, brighten, and soften. They chemically neutralize the soap during the rinse cycle. That is fabric softener washes out the soap and preventing yellowing, discoloring, and stiffening of the cloth. Residual soap residue makes fibers stiff.
The balance between phosphate and acid affects many things. Textiles turn brown in high phospate environments. CitruSolution is phosphate neutral and its citrus cleansers have the ability to neutralize phosphates, preventing browning. That is the benefit of the d-Limonene and the citric acid (both of which are safe enough to use as food additives) in our cleanser. CitruSolution neutralizes discolorants, as opposed to traditional washing methods. That is why the colors in your rugs look more vibrant after cleaning with CitruSolution.
Moving into your new home in Brentwood, Franklin, or Nashville?
There are lots of moving checklists to prepare to move. What can you do to prepare your new house before the move?
1. Change the exterior locks. If you are handy and have spare time, you can do this yourself. But if not, have a locksmith change them for you. The people at Mr Rekey of Nashville are in the business of changing locks for property managers. Their service is fast and pricing very competitive.
2. Clean up the house. Make sure it is clean to your standards. Deep cleaning an empty property is easier than once your furniture is inside. Clean or wipe down cabinets inside and out
Ir you do not want to do it yourself, ask your realtor for a recommendation of a cleaner or cleaning company. Clean any and all carpets. CitruSolution carpet cleaning works homeowners and commercial property managers--often in houses that the seller has just had "cleaned." When sellers move out, they want to spend a little as possible. Spending the least amount on carpet and house cleaning is the norm.
3. Clean the carpets. Clean any and all carpets. CitruSolution carpet cleaning works homeowners and commercial property managers--often in houses that the seller has just had "cleaned." When sellers move out, they want to spend a little as possible. Spending the least amount on carpet and house cleaning is the norm.
4. Paint walls and ceilings. Homes have sold so quickly in the Sellers' Market of the past two years most haven't been painted in years. You can often save money by having your painter work in empty rooms--no furniture to cover or move. By doing so, you will move into a "fresh" house with your colors. Wax, polish, or refinish floors too.
5. Check mechanical systems. A home inspection will tell you the general condition of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical systems. The report will highlight any deficiencies that need immediate repair. But get your electrician, HVAC, or plumber to perform a pre-move tuneup. This will give you confidence in these systems. Many HVAC and plumbing companies have annual maintenance contracts that provide for semi-annual inspections and cleanings. At about $100, these are well worth it. I use Parthenon Plumbing company for HVAC and plumbing. They are family-owned and operated.
6. Inspect and replace switch plates (switches and plugs, if you are comfortable working with electricity), and HVAC vents as needed. These items have a small cost but improve the looks of your home subtly. At CitruSolution, we often encounter damaged or work electrical outlets in older homes. Most homeowners only replace these when they fail.
7. Install Window Treatments. Waking up at sunrise the first morning in your new home will remind you that you should have thought about shades, blinds, or curtains. Tack up a sheets if necessary.
Moving your family and possessions is complicated and time consuming, so thinking ahead will save stress during your move. At CitruSolution of Middle Tennessee, we often schedule weeks in advance to clean as soon as you close on your new home. With our almost dry cleaning process, we can clean in the morning and you can move in the afternoon.
Wow Nashville! Winter is here. What can I do to save money on my heating bills?
1. Have a qualified professional check your HVAC (heat). Why? Techs will clean your system and inspect the heat exchanger. If this part is rusted or cracked, it can leak carbon monoxide (CO) into your home or office. CO is colorless, odorless, and quite deadly. Another value of seasonal inspection is that often a small repair will save an emergency repair later. Periodic maintenance can also yield an extra year or two of use before replacement--a very large savings. Several HVAC companies offer an annual program that includes spring and fall tune ups for a reasonable charge. I use Parthenon Plumbing in Nashville. It is a family-owned and run company (www.parthenonplumbing.com). - Their fall inspection found that my washing machine water hoses were swollen and ready to burst; replacing them avoided a flooded kitchen and dining room.
2. If you have crawl space vents - close them. This is a major cause of frozen pipes during winter. Disconnect and store garden hoses in your basement or garage. "Automatic" foundation vents close as the temperature falls. These are available for as little as $20 at home and hardware stores.
3. Check you home for air leaks. Check your garage doors to make sure that they seal properly. Inspect weatherstrip around doors to make sure that they seal. Leaky doors and windows allow dirt and other pollutants to enter your home. Check windows too, make sure that they seal. Replacing weather strip is an easy DIY job. You can purchase weatherstrip at your neighborhood hardware or home store.
4. Install an automated or programmable thermostat. These may cost as little as $25 and are available at your hardware or home improvement store. Generally, programmable thermostats can reduce your energy costs enough to pay for itself in one winter. Most consumers can install the basic ones. Or you can go all out and buy a thermostat that you can operate from your smart phone.
5. Use ceiling fans. If you have high ceilings in your den or great room, a ceiling fan will circulate the heat making the room more comfortable. This is called "destratification." You can impress your friends with this new term. "Oh yes, I run a heat destratification fan to save energy."
6. Change your furnace filter. Clean filters allow more air to circulate making your furnace work more efficiently. Your home air quality is better, which means less dust and other particulates in your home for you to breath in.
Cleaning your rugs, carpet, and upholstery once or twice a year removes dust, dust mites, and allergens. Every time you step on the floor or sit down pushes dust and other particulates into the air. CitruSolution removes soil and allergens helping to keep the air you breathe cleaner.
Cleans Better, Dries Faster, Stays Clean Longer, Smells Great
Why does CitruSolution Clean Better? Not all carpet and rug cleaning methods are equal. Our exclusive citrus-based cleansers neutralize both spots and soap residues. Most other cleaning methods have phosphate-based cleansers that cannot be fully removed in the cleaning process. Steam and hot water methods (home and rental machines) attempt to "wash" away the dirt and soil. About 30% of this soap residue, according to industry sources, cannot be rinsed out. Soap residue is sticky and attracts dirt. Dark trails in traffic areas return after cleaning as a result of this sticky residue. CitruSolution removes this soapy residue.
Why does CitruSolution dry faster? We don't use truck-mounted machines that the soap and water cleaners do. We apply CitruSolution cleanser using an atomizing sprayer that laying down a fine mist onto the carpet or rug. Next we use a low speed buffer with a brush and bonnet cleaning system to activate the cleansers and work it through the nap or fibers. The CitruSolution neutralizes spots and encapsulates dirt particles. The brush pulls embedded debris to the surface of the carpet; the bonnet absorbs the encapsulated soil. Finally, we vacuum the whole area cleaned to remove debris and additional moisture. Your carpet should dry in about two hours.
Why does CitruSolution Stay Clean Longer? CitruSolution neutralizes soap residue in order to remove a major cause of resoiling. It also neutralizes pet urine, spills (like coffee or soft drinks) to get rid of other residues to which dirt sticks. We call this getting your rug or carpet "back to neutral." Spots do not return because CitruSolution removes residual phosphates (light brown or grayish spots) that is a result of the spot wicking back up from the pad.
Why does CitruSolution Smell Great? CitruSolution's cleansers are made from Orange, Lemon, and Grapefruit peels. The clean natural scent is from these cleansers. Because the citrus scent in natural without chemical enhancements (like phthalates), the smell fades over a few hours.
What could be better than clean? No surprises. Firm Price Quotes. CitruSolution does not charge extra for wool or Berber or traffic areas or spots. Plus you receive a FREE bottle of CitruSpotter, spot cleaner, with each cleaning.
I am Ed Van Voorhees, a Middle Tennessee native, with over 35 years of successful small business experience. I have hired companies to clean my oriental rugs and carpets or have cleaned them myself with rental machines. I know the pitfalls from personal experience. It is the most effective and safest cleaning method that I have found. CitruSolution is a network of 100 other licensed or franchised territories around the U.S.A. The CitruSolution formula and process were developed over the last 25 years, and the current formula has been in use since 2002. We regularly network with other owners and Paul,CitruSolution’s founder, to keep up-to-date on the best cleaning techniques.
We provide the most effective carpet, Oriental and Area Rug, and Upholstery cleaning services using child and pet friendly citrus cleansers and environmentally sustainable processes in our clients’ homes and businesses year after year.
Why We Are Better Than The Rest
NO SURPRISE PRICING - NO UPSELLS….Ever! We charge per room or area– a flat charge. Stains, spots, pet accidents, “trouble areas,” berber and wool rugs are one price per room or rug size. We do not give estimates, we give “Exactimates,” the exact price you will pay. You always get our best service the first time! We do not sell “extra” services. No sealers, preservatives, or other add-ons products.
CLEANS BETTER CitruSolution is manufactured by and exclusive to us. Our cleanser breaks down residue left by soap-based products. as well as oils and other organic substances that attract dirt and soil. CitruSolution is manufactured by and exclusive to us. Our process is a very low moisture method, NO hot water or steam. Your carpets and rugs dry in about two hours. We never use soap or steam that can damage your furnishings.
DRIES FASTER Because we do not use excessive water, we do not need to drag hoses all over your home to try to suck the water out. We lightly mist CitruSolution. In fact, our process uses about 80% less moisture. That is why your carpet, rug, or sofa dries in about 2 hours.
STAYS CLEAN LONGER D-Limonene, the cleanser in CitruSolution, breaks down soap residue and reverses yellowing. If you have a spot that keeps reappearing, it is most likely sticky soap residue attracting new dirt. Your carpets stay clean longer without this residue to attract dirt. Go to our Before and After page to see for yourself.
SMELLS GREAT Our citrus cleanser is distilled from the peels of oranges and other citrus fruits. That is why our process fills your home or office with the wonderful fresh scent of citrus from the moment our cleaning begins. This is a natural aroma and dissipates over several hours.
SERVICE WITH A WOMAN’S TOUCH Most of our residential clients are women, so most of our work teams include at least one woman. Our clients feel more comfortable with her presence.
OUR CLIENTS ARE YOUR NEIGHBORS Over 80% of our clients are repeat customers and their friends. In neighborhoods all over Franklin, Brentwood and Nashville, you will see a truck with the Orange Guy on the side. I often receive calls that begin with:
“I saw your truck at my friend’s home…” or
“My realtor said to use you….” or
“My Mom said to call you.”
I even had: “My granddaughter said to use CitruSolution”!
COMMERCIAL CLIENTS Residential Property Managers, Office managers, and corporate owners use CitruSolution. We are an associate member of the Middle Tennessee chapter of NARPM (National Association of Residential Property Managers).
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT Our community, nation, and world are better when we are all involved. Our company works with or supports various charities and school organizations. We regularly donate to school silent auctions, and Neighborhood and Homeowner’s association causes. Among them are: Lipscomb Elementary, Linden Waldorf School, Nations Ministry Center, The Bootstraps Foundation, and Grassland Elementary School. Call about our charity fundraising program.
Contact Us today!!